Brickton Montessori School is an accredited, authentic Montessori school on the Northwest side of Chicago serving students aged 3 months – 14 years. Our community is comprised of dedicated educators and families who work in collaboration to create a safe, enriching learning environment for all of our students. We have a well-established teaching staff who are committed to Brickton’s longevity and reputation as a quality choice for our families. We are looking for an Afterschool Coordinator to join our team for the 2021-22 school year (mid-summer start is preferred). An ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong interpersonal skills for working with families and afterschool staff
- An understanding of the Montessori philosophy and an ability to creatively continue this approach into the extended day
- Supervisory skills and the responsibility for facilities used in the afterschool program
- Organization and flexibility to manage schedules
- A minimum of an associate’s degree in child development or early childhood education OR certification in Early Childhood (3-6) Montessori training
- Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Erica Lane, Head of School, at .
Brickton Montessori School is currently interviewing for an Infant/Toddler Lead Director or Directress for the reopening of one of our classrooms. We are looking for a nurturing individual with:
- a passion and understanding for this developmental level
- a strong grasp of Montessori philosophy and practice
- an affinity for supporting parents
- good communication skills (written and verbal)
- an openness to collaborate with other Infant & Toddler teachers.
The position is full-time, and the candidate should have AMI or AMS training for Infant/Toddler and a bachelor’s degree. We also welcome individuals working toward completion of their 0 – 3 credential and in need of an internship site. Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to Erica Lane, Head of School, at .
Brickton Montessori School: A community of confident, compassionate, competent learners. Brickton Bold.
Brickton Montessori is an independent non-profit school. We are accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS), the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS), and the Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools (LMAIS). Brickton is a recognized school by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) and licensed by the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS).
Brickton Montessori School does not discriminate in their educational programs, hiring, or activities on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sexual identity, age, religion, or ability or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.