Brickton Montessori Summer Camp 2022!
Brickton Summer Camp is filled with exploration of every sort! From gardening and cooking, to sports and games, to academic work in our Montessori classrooms. There is always something fun going on at camp. Our locally focused summer camp for infants (3-24 months), toddlers (24-36 months), Children’s House (ages 3-6) and elementary (ages 6-12) campers has sessions from June 13, 2022 through August 19, 2022. No camp Monday, July 4.
NIDO CAMPERS (3-24 months old)
Our youngest campers guided by our Nido Faculty in the Montessori prepared classroom
Nido campers continue to experience a safe and warm environment with a ratio of one caregiver for every four children. Outdoor exploration, social interaction and building independence and confidence continue to be a part of the daily routine. A hot, organic meal and snack is offered with all levels of the Nido program and breakfast is offered for Full Day Program students.
TODDLER CAMPERS (2-3 years old)
Toddlers guided by our Toddler Faculty in the Montessori prepared classroom
Toddler campers learn about the world around them and develop their sense of independence and self-confidence through the variety of different and interesting experiences of summer camp within the Toddler Montessori Classroom. A hot, organic meal and snack is offered with all levels of the Toddler program and breakfast is offered for Full Day Program students.
Children’s House Summer Camp (3-6 years old)
Campers guided by our Children’s House Faculty in the Montessori prepared classroom
Children’s House campers spend their days at Brickton exploring the Montessori classrooms as well as enjoying the beautiful outdoors through games, gardening, water play, and art. All sessions are led by our Children’s House Directresses and Assistants.
CHILDREN’S HOUSE WEEKLY THEMES AND DESCRIPTIONS (order of themes & instructors will be announced closer to summer)!
- Week 1: June 13-17 Who Are We? (Marcy Flanagan) The first week of camp will be spent getting to know each other, the environment around us and even more about ourselves! We will learn all the fun things that happen during summer, meet new friends, and share some of our favorite things.
- Week 2: June 20-24 Construction Camp (Marcy Flanagan) Summer is construction season in Chicago, and we will be exploring all things construction! We will learn the names of construction vehicles, explore how they work, and even see if we can spot some in our neighborhood.
- Week 3: June 27 – July 1 Green Thumb Gardeners (Savannah Wilcek) Come explore and expand Brickton’s playground garden! Students will work to cultivate and beautify our outdoor space and learn about the anatomy of plants in our community.
- Week 4: July 5 – 8 (No camp July 4*) Super Scientists (Megan O’Hehir) Let’s spend the week experimenting and discovering! We will get into chemistry, earth science, physics, biology and more.
- Week 5: July 11 – 15 Mo Willems Week (Megan O’Hehir) Come do art, play games and prepare snacks inspired by Mo Willems books.
- Week 6: July 18 – 22 Edible Engineering (Megan O’Hehir) We will eat, we will engineer! What better way to experience learning than by tasting it. Did you know cookies can tell us about the phases of the moon? Have you ever created a structure you can eat? Join us for a week of tasty learning.
- Week 7: July 25-29 Digging for Dinos (Savannah Wilcek) Become a certified paleontologist this week as we dig for dinosaur bones and explore prehistoric Earth!
- Week 8: Aug. 1 – 5 Little Explorers (Marcy Flanagan) Let’s have some fun exploring the rainforests! We’ll learn about the amazing animals, practice our camping skills, and create fun adventures as we make our way through the jungle.
- Week 9: Aug. 8 – 12 Backyards Bugs and Butterflies (Savannah Wilcek) Come learn about the life cycle and types of insects and more!
- Week 10: August 15 – 19 Ocean/Deep Sea Adventures (Savannah Wilcek) Learn about the mysterious plants and animals that inhabit the deepest points of the ocean. Students will recreate the zones of the ocean and their environments through hands-on projects and crafts!
- * No Summer Camp on Monday July 4
Elementary Campers (ages 6-12)
Campers guided by our Elementary Faculty in the Montessori prepared classroom
Elementary campers (entering first grade through third grade) explore weekly thematic units through projects, games, arts and crafts experiences and outdoor activities. Weekly sessions are led by Montessori faculty and staff.
ELEMENTARY WEEKLY THEMES AND DESCRIPTIONS
Week 1: June 13-17 What’s your Super Power?
Week 2: June 20-24 Magic Treehouse
Week 3: June 27- July 1 Paint, Paper, Picasso and other artists
Week 4: July 5-8 (closed July 4th) Play the Day Away
Week 5: July 11-15 Save Your Drama for this Week
Week 6: July 18-22 Time to Party
Week 7: July 25-29 Survivor Season 3
Week 8: Aug. 1-5 Music Appreciation
Week 9: Aug. 8-12 Exploring Fantastical Worlds
Week 10: Aug. 15-19 Fun with Physics and Practical Math
* No Summer Camp on Monday July 4
Discover Chicago Week – August 15-19, 2022
Brickton’s Middle School students (entering 7th and 8th grades) have visited museums, enjoyed amusement park activities and explored numerous Chicago-area sites and attractions. Each year’s Discover Chicago is as unique an experience as the group of students and teachers planning the agenda. Itinerary to be determined by the Middle School faculty and students.